Diet to reduce harmful effects of smog
A healthy diet is the best way to minimize the harmful effects of air pollution. Include some given fruits, vegetables and other food items in the diet to reduce harmful effects of smog.
- Vitamin C in diet or taking it as a dietary supplement helps to build the immune system. Vitamin C also reduces the risk of allergies.
- Broccoli in a diet is the best way to protect our body from air pollution. Broccoli in sprouts helps to excrete toxins associated with ozone air pollution.
- Fruits such as oranges, strawberries, apples, and watermelons are the rich sources of vitamin C. while guavas, red bell peppers, kale, parsley, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, papayas, spinach, citrus fruits, green onion and more are the good in Vitamin C and help to reduce the harmful effects of smog.
- Green tea, tulsi, ginger, and cinnamon are powerful herbal ingredients used to improve the health and reduce the toxins of air pollution.
- Raw turmeric has curative properties which protect people from chronic bronchitis, allergy coughs, and colds.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are the best source to reduce allergic reactions and soothe inflammation. Walnuts, and oils such as mustard, canola, and flax-seed are rich in Omega-3 rich.